Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter

In the Bad Old Days Easter, Xmas and birthdays were an excuse for "guilt-free" unlimited eating. Which, of course led to eating far more than I actually wanted/needed in preparation for the famine times ahead.

Things are a little bit different this year. I now know that if I don't eat all my easter-related chocolate this weekend, I'll still be allowed it next week or next month, and I'm happy at the thought of our Creme Egg gift pack (thanks Mum and Dad!) sitting at home waiting for me/him to enjoy when the mood takes us. In times past I wouldn't have been able to live with it's presence, it would gnaw at me until I'd eradicated it.

Easter is a time to celebrate the coming of spring, rebirth of nature all around us. We celebrate the end of the hard, barren winter months and the start of the fresh, abundant springtime. This year I'm focusing on the end of years of deprivation and misery and my new life of acceptance, happiness and fulfilment.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Hey, nice post.
    Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.
    Hope you had a Egg-ceptional, Eggs-traordinary Easter !!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Please bear in mind that this blog focuses on Fat acceptance and therefore NO abusive, anti-fat, or diet-promoting comments are allowed. If you're unsure if you can post something email me and ASK, if you've not please don't be offended if your comment is removed. Thanks.

Anonymous comments are allowed, but I would appreciate if you could 'sign' at the bottom with a name or handle, so we have something to refer to you as in any further comments/posts